Frequently asked questions about BCcampus:
- What is BCcampus?
- How does BCcampus benefit BC’s public post-secondary system?
- Why was BCcampus created?
- Why do we need to develop online learning?
- What services can students get through BCcampus?
- What services can educators get through BCcampus
We are a collaborative online learning initiative established to help BC’s public post-secondary institutions meet their students’ needs.
We serve the entire public post-secondary system, assisting students, educators, and institutions, by identifying, acquiring, developing, and implementing technologies and services that enhance online learning. We also build on established student services such as an online application service (PASBC).
BCcampus administers an online program development fund (OPDF), explores and develops shared services, facilitates the distribution of best practice knowledge, provides professional development and training, and manages a collection of shareable online instructional resources and tools for educators.
The BCcampus initiative:
Brings together existing online resources to ensure maximum convenience and value for publicly funded online education services
Fosters collaborative design and engineering of new courses, services, and tools to reduce duplication and incorporate best practices into online instruction
Ensures that educators have the systemic support resources they need to provide quality online instruction
BCcampus was established in 2002 to provide British Columbia learners, educators and administrators with a web-based portal to online learning programs and services across the BC post-secondary system.
Developing online learning resources benefits the province’s entire public post-secondary system at a time when research shows the use of technology in teaching and learning is growing. With online learning there are numerous opportunities to grow our student’s educational options.
Students can access a number of online services including:
- A quick-response, online application service for all public post-secondary institutions
- A directory of online programs and courses in BC post-secondary institutions
- Online library services across multiple institutions
We provide educators with online community forums, best practices research, and technological infrastructure and support for course development and delivery, including:
- A repository of reusable instructional resources and courses
- A funding program for the development of instructional resources
- Access to shared online instructional delivery tools and resources