We are looking for an upbeat team member to join our fast-paced, flexible, values-driven workplace. The ideal candidate will be a great communicator with excellent organizational and time-management skills, combined with a genuine desire to help others.
The BCcampus Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing daily support as part of the Administrative team, including assistance to the Executive Director, Director, and other senior staff.
This position reports to the Operations Manager and works with BCcampus staff, institutional administrators, faculty and staff, contractors, vendors and other organizations.
- Support and maintain well-organized information and filing systems that permit rapid retrieval of organizational records, reports, correspondence and documentation
- Support BCcampus HR processes and leave management, including payroll data entry
- Support BCcampus service contract and procurement processes, including equipment sourcing and tracking
- Support the expense claim process at BCcampus
- Support budget and financial reporting requirements
- Support office management in our Victoria location, including ordering supplies and equipment, triaging staff questions and other tasks as required
- Provide administrative support to the BCcampus Executive Director, Director and senior staff, including scheduling, communications, reports and other tasks as needed
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, functions and events as required
- Provide accurate word-processing support by composing and/or editing a variety of documents, including confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts and proposals
- Analyze administrative processes for possible efficiencies
- Prepare agendas, minutes, letters and memos in an error-free manner
- Share knowledge openly
- Establish strong, positive, productive relationships
- Contribute to a positive, supportive and strong team culture at BCcampus
- Continually expand and update professional knowledge
Education and subject matter expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Relevant experience working with an office team, preferably in a post-secondary education environment
- High attention to detail and superior organization skills
- Prioritize workflow effectively
- Excellent skills with MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat; experience with financial applications such as QuickBooks an asset
- Use communication tools such as Skype, Blue Jeans and other web tools proficiently
- Communicate professionally and effectively in person and in writing
- Exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner and behave ethically at all times
- Work effectively in the BC post-secondary system
- Work well under pressure, effectively meet deadlines and build consensus through a team-based approach
- Energetic and resourceful, with a genuine desire to meet the needs of others
This is a full-time position in our Victoria office with an annual salary range of $41,885 – $45,300. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is June 19, 2019.
At BCcampus our mandate is to provide teaching, learning, educational technology, and open education support to the post-secondary institutions of B.C. Ultimately, our goal is to improve student learning. Our operational methodology falls somewhere between a government agency and an agile start-up, ensuring we’re consistently demonstrating our flexible, responsive approach to improving the teaching and learning landscape of B.C.
BCcampus acknowledges the Coast Salish People, Lkwungen, and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples, on whose traditional territories we are privileged to live, work, and play. Through our work we are learning to incorporate Indigenous epistemologies into our actions and understandings, supporting decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization to advocate systemic changes in the post-secondary environment of B.C.
We welcome applications from members of equity seeking groups.