We’re seeking a Lead User Experience Designer and Information Architect (UX/IA) to design high-quality, user-centered software and services that improve teaching and learning experiences in B.C. post-secondary.
Does this sound like a fit?
- An experienced UX professional who loves designing tools and interfaces to meet users’ (not managers’) needs
- An empathetic advocate for diverse audiences
- A skilled facilitator who distills product requirements from project stakeholders’ goals and users’ hopes and dreams
- An inquisitive detective who seeks to understand the why that motivates user requests
- A creative designer who architects universally-accessible interfaces for many platforms
- An unbiased observer who spots deficiencies and engineers improvements
- A comfortable communicator who presents findings, designs, and assessments with clarity
- A collaborative team member who celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, skills, and motivations on cross-functional development teams
- Making post-secondary education more accessible, inclusive, and open to B.C. students
- Committed to reconciliation, and partners in building support structures and processes to improve Indigenous student experiences in post-secondary
- Supportive of our family lives: we enjoy a 35-hour work week, regularly work from home, and take five weeks of vacation per year
- Located in downtown Victoria and Vancouver