The Advisor, Open Education is a regional representative of Open Education in Northern British Columbia, leading the advocacy, development, and implementation of Open Education projects for our partners. Based in Northern British Columbia, this position works with faculty, students and staff in Northern B.C.organizations as requested.
- Collaborate with internal staff, institutional partners, government representatives and other groups to advance Open Education in Northern B.C.
- Consult with Northern B.C. institutions to determine the appropriate supports for Open Education
- Develop knowledge of institutional cultures in Northern B.C.
- Promote awareness of open education and increase access to less-served institutions
- Lead the planning and implementation of Open Education projects at BCcampus
- Design and deliver face to face and online workshops, presentations and other learning opportunities for faculty and instructional staff
- Develop, plan, execute and complete multiple projects simultaneously in a complex, multi-institutional, post-secondary environment
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, institutional administrators and Ministry staff
- Share knowledge openly
- Establish strong, positive, productive relationships
- Contribute to a positive, supportive and strong team culture at BCcampus
- Continually expand and update professional knowledge
Education and subject matter expertise:
- Master’s degree, or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education, and at least five years of related experience in the field of education in the B.C. post-secondary system
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Open Educational Resources, Open Educational Practices and Open Licensing
- Experience designing and delivering both face to face and online learning experiences for faculty and instructional staff
- Work effectively in the B.C. post-secondary system
- Work well under pressure, effectively meet deadlines and build consensus through a team-based approach
- Energetic and resourceful
This is a two year, full-time, secondment or contract hire. Applicant must be based in Northern British Columbia.
This posting closes September 9, 2019.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
At BCcampus our mandate is to provide teaching, learning, educational technology, and open education support to the post-secondary institutions of B.C. Ultimately, our goal is to improve student learning. Our operational methodology falls somewhere between a government agency and an agile start-up, ensuring we’re consistently demonstrating our flexible, responsive approach to improving the teaching and learning landscape of B.C.
BCcampus acknowledges the Coast Salish People, Lkwungen, and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples, on whose traditional territories we are privileged to live, work, and play. Through our work we are learning to incorporate Indigenous epistemologies into our actions and understandings, supporting decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization to advocate systemic changes in the post-secondary environment of B.C.
We welcome applications from members of equity-seeking groups.