The Project Manager, Open Education is responsible for project management of the creation of the Business and STEM Zed Creds. This position is also responsible for working with faculty, students and staff in B.C. institutions to promote, support and advocate for the use of Open Educational Resources.
The position reports to the Associate Director, Open Education and works with other BCcampus staff, higher education senior administrators, faculty and other educators from partner institutions, as well as with representatives of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills, and Training, government ministries and organizations as requested.
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of an entire suite of freely available resources including textbooks, test banks, homework assignments and other ancillary resources to replace costly commercial educational resources in Business and STEM education programs
- Conduct and complete an environmental scan of existing open educational resources suitable for Business and STEM education
- Establish advisory working groups to consult with system educators and develop curriculum for both Business and STEM programs
- Collaborate with internal staff, institutional partners, government representatives and other groups to advance Open Education in B.C. and other jurisdictions
- Prepare calls for proposals, in consultation with the advisory working group, for the adoption, adaptation, and/or creation of curriculum for both Business and STEM programs
- Prepare reports and other information for the Ministry of Advanced Education and other audiences that document the work of the BCcampus Open Education Team
- Develop, plan, execute and complete multiple projects simultaneously in a complex, multi-institutional, post-secondary environment
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, institutional administrators and Ministry staff
- Share knowledge openly
- Establish strong, positive, productive relationships
- Contribute to a positive, supportive and strong team culture at BCcampus
- Continually expand and update professional knowledge
Education and subject matter expertise:
- Master’s degree, or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and at least five years of related experience in the field of education in the B.C. post-secondary system
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Open Educational Resources, Open Educational Practices and Open Licensing
- Experience with Project Management of multiple projects simultaneously in a complex, multi-institutional, post-secondary environment
- Experience designing and delivering both face to face and online learning experiences for faculty and instructional staff
- Work effectively in the B.C. post-secondary system
- Work well under pressure, effectively meet deadlines and build consensus through a team-based approach
- Energetic and resourceful
This is a two year, full-time, secondment or contract hire. Applicant can work in either Vancouver or Victoria, B.C.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. The application deadline is May 31, 2019.
We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.