Deadline to apply: Jan. 31, 2020
We are looking for a superstar team member to join our fast-paced, flexible, values-driven workplace. The ideal candidate will be a skillful online and face-to-face communicator, an adept juggler of multiple tasks and details, fearless in the face of new technologies, and a bold and collaborative puzzle solver.
The Strategist, Marketing and Communications is responsible for maintaining the BCcampus social media presence and designing campaigns, writing, curating and editing content, as well as creating newsletters and e-blasts. Using analytics and other methods, the Strategist, Marketing and Communications will find ways to further engage BCcampus stakeholders and raise awareness of our services.
This position reports to the Manager, Marketing and Communications and will work closely with internal project groups and external writing contractors to advise on digital media strategy, ensure a consistent narrative and bring awareness to specific stakeholder groups.
- Research, write and edit content as needed
- Maintain the BCcampus social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram
- Create and curate newsletters and e-blasts for external and internal audiences
- Build awareness through growing email lists and social media campaigns
- Keep up-to-date social media calendars for BCcampus events and initiatives
- Provide strategy, expert advice and guidance regarding user experience, communications planning, techniques, methodologies, and strategies to accomplish systemic objectives
- Provide analytics to measure the engagement of BCcampus web and social media properties
- Identify opportunities to use the web to enhance and support programs for key audiences and stakeholders
- Develop, plan, execute and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Share knowledge openly
- Establish strong, positive, productive relationships
- Contribute to a positive, supportive and strong team culture at BCcampus
- Continually expand and update professional knowledge
Education and subject matter expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education, and at least three years of related experience in the field of marketing and communications, particularly with a social media focus
- Knowledge of B.C. post-secondary institutions and educational issues
- Communicate and collaborate exceptionally well, especially in post-secondary environments
- Use communication tools such as Teams, Outlook, and other web tools proficiently
- A keen attention to detail
- Prioritize workflow effectively
- Work effectively in the B.C. post-secondary system
- Work well under pressure, effectively meet deadlines and build consensus through a team-based approach
- Energetic and resourceful
This is a full-time position. While our preference is for the candidate to work in our Victoria office, applications from qualified Vancouver-based candidates will be considered. Salary range: $66,200 – 67,500. Deadline to apply: Jan. 31, 2020
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
At BCcampus our mandate is to provide teaching, learning, educational technology, and open education support to the post-secondary institutions of B.C. Ultimately, our goal is to improve student learning. Our operational methodology falls somewhere between a government agency and an agile start-up, ensuring we’re consistently demonstrating our flexible, responsive approach to improving the teaching and learning landscape of B.C.
BCcampus acknowledges the Coast Salish People, Lkwungen, and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples, on whose traditional territories we are privileged to live, work, and play. Through our work we are learning to incorporate Indigenous epistemologies into our actions and understandings, supporting decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization to advocate systemic changes in the post-secondary environment of B.C.
We welcome applications from members of equity-seeking groups.