The purpose of the BCcampus Learning Access Program for Educators (LAP-E) is to help instructors and teaching faculty from B.C. public post-secondary institutions attend BCcampus professional development opportunities. The Learning Access Program for Educators supports applicants to allow them to participate and share their ideas as well as learn from others. BCcampus aims to provide a diverse set of voices to its events and will balance regional participation with budget limitations.
The Learning Access Program for Educators assists with registration fees as well as travel, per diem, and accommodation costs.
- Applicant teaches at a B.C. public post-secondary institution
- Applicant does not have access to sufficient Professional Development funds and is unable to attend without financial support
- Relevance of the opportunity to applicant’s professional development (judged by personal statement)
- Priority will be given to presenters and volunteers
- Applicant’s use of new technologies in the classroom (for ETUG events)
- Preference will be given to individuals from equity seeking groups
- Only one person per institution will be supported per event.
- A maximum of five individuals from any one institution will be supported in a fiscal year.
- Applicants are required to ask for and use professional development funds if available. LAP-E funding may be used to supplement institutional funding.
- Applicants are expected to contribute to BCcampus communications post-event (blog post, interview, or similar).
- Applicants who have received funding in the prior two fiscal years are not eligible.
- Recipients are required to pay their own travel, per diem, and accommodation costs and will be reimbursed upon approval of an expense claim. Please contact us if this presents a hardship.
- Recipients must register for the event by its deadline; a LAP-E code will be provided to cover registration fees.
We are currently accepting applications for the following events:
- Symposium 2018: Scholarly Teaching & Learning in Post-Secondary Education, October 24, 2018
- ETUG Fall Workshop, November 2, 2018
- Liberating Structures Workshop 2018, November 7 – 8, 2018
Application deadline is September 21, 2018.