This position is now closed.
This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of BCcampus projects and initiatives related to Learning & Teaching, Educational Technology, Online Learning, and Open Educational Practices. The Advisor, Learning & Teaching will work with faculty, students and staff in B.C. institutions and other jurisdictions to promote, support, and advocate for the use of effective and innovative teaching and learning practices.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Learning & Teaching and works with other BCcampus staff, faculty and staff in B.C. post-secondary institutions, and other organizations as required.
- Faculty Development and Instructional Design support in adopting effective teaching and learning practices, including active and flexible learning and open educational practices
- Project Management support on a variety of projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with internal staff, institutional partners, government representatives and other groups to advance learning and teaching in B.C. and other jurisdictions
- Design and deliver face-to-face and online workshops, presentations and other learning opportunities for faculty and instructional staff
- Develop, plan, execute and complete multiple projects simultaneously in a complex, multi-institutional, post-secondary environment
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, institutional administrators and Ministry staff
- Share knowledge openly
- Establish strong, positive, productive relationships
- Contribute to a positive, supportive and strong team culture at BCcampus
- Continually expand and update professional knowledge
Education and subject matter expertise:
- Master’s degree, or an equivalent combination of post–secondary education and experience, and at least five years of related experience in the field instructional design, course development and faculty development, and open education in the B.C. post-secondary system
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the theory and practice of teaching and learning, adult learning, course design, learning design, use of technologies to support learning, open education, and accessibility as it relates to learning design
- Experience designing and delivering both face-to-face and online workshops for faculty and instructional staff
- Demonstrated project management skills with diverse and complex projects
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to independently set and accomplish goals and establish priorities with minimal direction
- Work effectively in the B.C. post-secondary system
- Work well under pressure, effectively meet deadlines and build consensus through a team-based approach
- Energetic and resourceful
- Background and experience with Work Integrated Learning is considered an asset
This is a two year, full-time, secondment or contract hire. While we have offices in both Vancouver and Victoria, the qualified applicant may be based anywhere in B.C. Salary range for this position is $76-$84K. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
At BCcampus our mandate is to provide teaching, learning, educational technology, and open education support to the post-secondary institutions of B.C. Ultimately, our goal is to improve student learning. Our operational methodology falls somewhere between a government agency and an agile start-up, ensuring we’re consistently demonstrating our flexible, responsive approach to improving the teaching and learning landscape of B.C.
BCcampus acknowledges the Coast Salish People, Lkwungen, and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples, on whose traditional territories we are privileged to live, work, and play. Through our work we are learning to incorporate Indigenous epistemologies into our actions and understandings, supporting decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization to advocate systemic changes in the post-secondary environment of B.C.
We welcome applications from members of equity-seeking groups.