BCcampus is seeking an energetic and collaborative Open Education advocate to help us continue our work advancing Open Educational Practices in B.C. and elsewhere. Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Open Education, the Advisor, Open Education, will be part of the team working on local and global projects and initiatives, including the BC Open Textbook Project.
This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of Open Education projects and initiatives for BCcampus and our partners, including working directly with faculty, students and staff in B.C. institutions and other jurisdictions. The work will include the design and delivery of learning opportunities about Open Education, stewardship of working groups, project management, collaboration with a variety of stakeholders and advocating for open education through a variety of channels.
This is a one-year term position with a possibility for renewal, depending on grant funding. We are very interested in secondment opportunities for those working in the B.C. Post-Secondary System.
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum qualifications and skills for this position:
- Master’s degree, or an equivalent combination of post–secondary education and at least five years of related experience in the field of post-secondary education
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Open Educational Resources, Open Educational Practices and Open Licensing
- Experience designing and delivering both face to face and online workshops for faculty and instructional staff
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively toward common goals with disparate stakeholder groups
- Ability to work well under pressure, and effectively meet deadlines
- Desire and ability to contribute to a positive work culture at BCcampus
- Demonstrated project management skills with diverse and complex projects
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Preference will be given to candidates with current experience in the B.C. post-secondary system.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. The application deadline is Wednesday, March 29, 2017.