Join us for the Cascadia Open Education Summit, formerly known as the BC Open Textbook Summit, in beautiful Vancouver, B.C. on April 17 & 18, 2019 at SFU Harbour Centre. This event is co-hosted with our regional friends; Lumen Learning, Open Oregon Educational Resources, and the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.
This event is for new and experienced OER advocates offering the opportunity to learn and share effective practices in awareness building, implementation, collaboration, strategy, and research.
Theme: Scaling New Heights with Open Education
Example topics include:
- What are the current challenges and opportunities for open education? Do you have creative solutions for how to take them on?
- How is the ecosystem around OER evolving, and what are the implications for this evolution?
- As OER enters mainstream curriculum, what are the implications for institutions? Faculty? Libraries? Students? Other stakeholders?
- Day 1 will include 2 keynotes and conference proceedings with presentations, panel presentations, and table talks.
- Day 2 is our Day of Action Focused OER Workshops. A series of workshops will be presented (2 hours each) and is intended for people looking for support in achieving the next step in their OER work or initiative.
Heather M. Ross, Educational Development Specialist, University of Saskatchewan and Karen Cangialosi, Professor of Biology, Keene State College
Who should attend:
People engaged in higher education focused open education initiatives, including students, faculty, librarians, instructional technologists, administrators, and other campus leaders.
Further details will emerge as the program committee meets – stay informed about the call for proposals via #casacadiaopened and through our website.