Pressbooks is an open source, online authoring, and publishing platform used by BCcampus and post-secondary institutions in B.C. and beyond to create and adapt open textbooks.
If you would like to learn how to use or expand your knowledge of Pressbooks, the following webinars are open for registration to B.C. faculty and staff.
Pressbooks, Introduction on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 10-11am, Pacific time
- How to create a Pressbooks account and textbook
- How to change/recover your password
- How to update the Profile page
- How to navigate the Pressbooks Dashboard
- How to set up a book
- How to add and order parts and chapters & front/back matter
- How to add new content as text
Pressbooks, Intermediate 3: Finding, citing, and attributing elements in a Pressbooks textbook or resource on Tuesday, October 9, 2018, 11am-12pm, Pacific time
- The difference between citation and attribution
- The importance of using openly licensed/public domain resources, or original creations
- Where to find openly licensed/public domain resources
- Tables: a special case
- Attribution statements: best practices
- How to cite an open textbook
These webinars are free, but registration is required as space is limited. To register, fill out the Registration Form.
These webinars are restricted to faculty and staff from B.C. post-secondary institutions. For faculty and staff outside of British Columbia, please see recordings of past webinars.
For more information about Pressbooks, see the B.C. Open Textbook Pressbooks Guide.
To stay informed with BCcampus by signing up for our newsletter, viewing all the events in our calendar and following @BCcampus on Twitter.
Posted by ebeattie & filed under .