Note: This session has passed, please view the recording below.
Special virtual town hall for WIL professionals in BC/Yukon
How is the COVID-19 pandemic impacting your Co-op/Work-Integrated Learning program? What are you hearing from workplaces? From students? Join this virtual town hall to share your wins and your challenges, and to connect with each other. We’ve prepared some questions to get the dialogue flowing and a facilitator will keep things running smoothly.
Here’s what we’ll be discussing:
What supports are workplaces asking for? What questions are they asking?
What supports are students asking for? What are they concerned about?
Not all WIL can be shifted to work from home, what’s happening for those students?
How is your PSI actively assisting students over the next few weeks? Over the longer term?
- Is your institution hiring WIL students this summer?
What are your biggest challenges in dealing with workplaces right now?
- Have any workplaces released students mid-way through their work term?
- Are workplaces withdrawing from upcoming placements?
Are there any supports that ACE-WIL can provide you?
- Additional sessions like this?
- Sessions that include employers/workplaces?
- Remember LinkedIn Group for collaboration.
What virtual platforms or remote tools is your PSI or department using that is working well?
- What about privacy/security/confidentiality issues?