2019 Cascadia Open Education Summit – Call for Proposals
BCcampus, the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC), Open Oregon Educational Resources and Lumen Learning welcome proposals for the Cascadia Open Education Summit April 17-18, 2019 at SFU Harbour Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia (Canada). The Cascadia Open Education Summit attracts a wide range of higher education participants including faculty, students, open educators, project staff, librarians, as well as government policymakers and institutional leaders.
Criteria for Selection
Proposals will be reviewed by members of the Program Committee and reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Relevance – The topic is relevant to open education and contributes to research and/or effective practices in the field.
- Coverage – The topic is clearly described and the session covers the topic adequately.
- Innovation – The topic has innovative concepts.
- Research/Outcome-Based – The topic is research/outcomes based.
- Takeaways – The session includes key takeaways for participants.
- Improved Processes and Best Practices – The session could help improve processes and/or best practices in the field.
- Knowledge – The speaker or speakers appear to have sufficient knowledge and expertise to address the topic.
Proposal acceptance decisions will be based on originality, innovation, and quality of the submission.
- Submission deadline – February 1, 2019
- Acceptance announcements – February 22, 2019