In response to the COVID-19 crisis, BCcampus’ Learning Access Program for Educators (LAP-E) will focus funding for the 2020–21 year on supporting B.C. instructors and teaching faculty who wish to access professional development that will help them to teach online.
All BCcampus Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) courses will be eligible, as well as other courses that you find on your own related to teaching and learning online.
- The applicant is an instructor or teaching faculty at a B.C. public post-secondary institution.
- The applicant does not have access to sufficient professional development funds and is unable to attend without financial support. LAP-E funding may be used to supplement institutional or other funding that may be available.
- Applicants who have received funding in the prior two fiscal years are not eligible.
- Applicants complete and submit the LAP-E online form by the deadline.
- Requests for funding are reviewed and successful applicants are notified about 2 weeks after the deadline.
- For BCcampus offerings and events, LAP-E recipients will receive a registration code to enable free registration.
- For non-BCcampus courses or events, LAP-E recipients:
- Register and pay for the course, event, workshop, etc.
- Submit expense claim (with receipts, copy of the certificate of completion, or other proof of attendance) per BCcampus/SFU Finance guidelines.
- Reimbursement is sent to the recipient.
All inquiries can be directed to LAPE@bccampus.ca.
The deadline for application is May 29, 2020.