Employment term dates: January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021
BCcampus is seeking an Intermediate Software Developer to build high-quality, user-centered software and services that support improved teaching and learning experiences in B.C. post-secondary education.
Our stack includes React JS, PHP, HTML, and CSS to implement information architecture and visual design specifications in a WordPress CMS environment. We employ AWS to implement a DevOps workflow.
Is this a fit for you?
- An experienced software/web developer who loves scrutinizing user requirements, architecting sophisticated solutions, and coding robust applications
- A keen team contributor with an agile mindset who works well with project managers, UX and design professionals, and senior developers
- A tenacious troubleshooter who delights in diagnosing and solving problems
- A React/JS/ES developer with experience customizing and supporting WordPress
- A life-long-learner who continually seeks new and better ways to solve problems
- An empathetic developer who sees software as tools made to serve users’ needs
- An enthusiastic user of and contributor to open software
- A collaborative team member who celebrates the diversity of backgrounds, skills, and motivations on cross-functional development teams
- Making post-secondary education more accessible, inclusive, and open to B.C. students
- Committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent and serve the communities where we work, live, and play
- Committed to reconciliation and partners in building support structures and processes to improve Indigenous student experiences in post-secondary
- Supportive of our family lives: we enjoy a 35-hour work week, regularly work from home (even when there isn’t a pandemic), and take five weeks of vacation per year
- Have office space in downtown Victoria and Vancouver
We will be considering applicants already living and legally eligible to work in Canada before international applicants.
Salary range: $70,943-$81,426.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
At BCcampus our mandate is to provide teaching, learning, educational technology, and open education support to the post-secondary institutions of B.C. Ultimately, our goal is to improve student learning. Our operational methodology falls somewhere between a government agency and an agile start-up, ensuring we’re consistently demonstrating our flexible, responsive approach to improving the teaching and learning landscape of B.C.