This is now closed.
The purpose of the BCcampus Learning Access Program for Educators (LAP-E) is to help instructors and teaching faculty from B.C. public post-secondary institutions attend BCcampus professional development opportunities. The Learning Access Program for Educators supports applicants to allow them to participate and share their ideas as well as learn from others. BCcampus aims to provide a diverse set of voices to its events and will balance regional participation with budget limitations.
The Learning Access Program for Educators assists with registration fees as well as travel, per diem, and accommodation costs.
2020 Spring Application Deadline(s):
- Festival of Learning – Deadline to apply is April 6, 2020
- The applicant is an instructor or teaching faculty at a B.C. public post-secondary institution
- The applicant does not have access to sufficient Professional Development funds and is unable to attend without financial support
- The relevance of the opportunity to the applicant’s professional development (judged by personal statement)
- The applicant’s use of new technologies in the classroom (for ETUG events)
- Priority will be given to presenters and volunteers
- Preference will be given to individuals from equity-seeking groups
- Applicants are required to ask for and use professional development funds if available. LAP-E funding may be used to supplement institutional funding
- In most cases, only one person per institution will be supported per event
- A maximum of five individuals from any one institution will be supported in a fiscal year
- Applicants who have received funding in the prior two fiscal years are not eligible
- Applicants are expected to contribute to BCcampus communications post-event (blog post, interview, or similar)
- In most cases, recipients are required to pay their own travel, per diem, and accommodation costs and will be reimbursed upon approval of an expense claim (Please contact us if this presents a hardship)
- Recipients must register for the event by its deadline; in the case of BCcampus events, a LAP-E code will be provided to cover registration fees
All inquiries can be directed to email@example.com