Over the past year, BCcampus has been working closely with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training — as well as many subject matter experts across the B.C. post-secondary system — on projects to raise awareness, prevent, and respond to sexual violence and misconduct (SVM) at BC post-secondary institutions.
Projects to support the work of post-secondary institutions include:
- A Provincial Forum: Bringing students, staff, faculty and key stakeholders together in June 2019 to share insights and best practices regarding SVM.
- Plain Language Supports: Assisting PSIs to review their written communications to ensure information about SVM policies and procedures is easy to access, easy to understand, and easy to act upon.
- Building Capacity at Rural Institutions: Facilitating training and supports to address the unique challenges faced by rural institutions in implementing SVM programs.
- Training Resources: Identifying or developing free, high-quality training and awareness resources and facilitating access across the B.C. post-secondary system.
If you have questions about the project, please contact Robynne Devine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Moving Forward Together: Building Capacity to Prevent and Respond to Sexual Violence on Campus
- Evaluating Sexualized Violence Training and Resources: A toolkit for B.C. Post-Secondary Institutions
- SVM Training Starter Web Resources for Institutions
- Plain Language Best Practices: Sexualized Violence Policies and Procedures