Exciting News! The BCcampus Open Education Team is making a change to the Faculty Fellows program. As of January 2017 the Faculty Fellows program will be known as the Open Education Advocacy and Research Group. The group will include a lead, Senior Open Education Advocacy and Research Fellow and three Advocacy and Research Fellows. The term of the 2017 Open Education Advocacy and Research Fellowship Program will be January 2017-December 2017.
We are pleased to announce that the Senior Open Education Advocacy and Research Fellow for January 2017-December 2017 is Dr. Rajiv Jhangiani.
Dr. Jhangiani is a Psychology faculty member at Kwantlen Polytechnic Unviersity as well as the Open Studies Teaching Fellow at KPU. Dr. Jhangiani is a passionate advocate for Open Education both provincially and internationally. His contribution to research in the field of Open Education is extensive and we look forward to his continued work in this field as he works with and leads the Open Education Advocacy and Research Fellowship Program.
The Senior Open Education Advocacy and Research Fellow is responsible for the following:
- Lead a team of faculty researchers (3) in the development of Open Education Research, e.g. 1 cumulative study conducted by the entire team. The research should relate to the educational outcomes that take place when OER are substituted for traditional learning materials and should be specifically focussed on the BC context.
- Organize a one-day face-to-face or virtual meeting with all successful candidates in January to discuss deliverables, potential research question(s), etc.
- Support team of researchers in the research stages.
- Mentor team of researchers and conduct monthly meetings to ensure success of research
- Mentor and support team in the submission of research findings to one open access journal
- Mentor and support team in publishing blog posts to the BCcampus Open Education blog
- Mentor team members on open education advocacy and best practices in communicating Open Education messaging in BC institutions.
- Hire and supervise open education research graduate assistants, as needed for support of research data and findings
For B.C. faculty interested in applying to be one of the three Open Education Advocacy and Research Fellows we will be putting out a call for applications in the next couple of weeks. Stay Tuned!!
Should you have questions about the program please email: Amanda Coolidge, Senior Manager of Open Education (firstname.lastname@example.org)