This post shows how to add other Pressbooks users to your book in Pressbooks.
An excerpt from the BCcampus Open Education Pressbooks Guide by Lauri M. Aesoph, Manager, Open Education
Only Administrators of a book can add users to that book in Pressbooks. First, make sure the person you would like to add has a Pressbooks account. If they don’t, they will need to create one.
To add a user,
- Go to your book’s Dashboard.
- Find the Users tab in the left-hand menu.
- Click “Add Existing.”
- Enter the email of the person you would like to add to the book. (It must be the email they gave when they signed up for Pressbooks.)
- Select the desired role for your new user. See below for role options.
User roles include:
- Administrator: The highest permission level. Administrators can add, edit, and delete posts, they can add and delete users, and they can delete a book.
- Editor: Editors can add, edit, manage, and publish posts, even those of others.
- Author: Authors can write, edit, and publish their own posts, but not those of others.
- Contributor: Contributors can only write and edit their own posts.
- Subscriber: Subscribers have the lowest level of permissions. Subscribers can only read posts.
|Private/ Public setting (Organize)||√||x||x||x||x|
|Appearance||√||√ (but no “Themes”)||x||x||x|
|Textbooks for PB||√||√||√||√||x|
|Profile||x (see “Users”)||√||√||√||√|
The person who has been added will receive an email invitation and a link to the book. They will need to click a confirmation link in order to access the book.