Canada has the fourth largest Jewish population in the world, and its community has made significant contributions to the growth and cultural fabric of our nation while overcoming tremendous obstacles.
If you’re looking for ways to celebrate Jewish heritage this May, a few ideas are listed below to help inspire:
- Take a virtual Jewish History tour.
- Try one of these at-home, family-friendly art projects from New York’s Jewish Museum.
- Plan a trip to the Vancouver Holocaust Education Centre Museum.
- Take this online course from YIVO that explores the heart of Jewish food, with an emphasis on the Ashkenazi table.
- Visit a local Jewish community centre or synagogue.
- Donate to an organization such as the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver (it has a Ukraine Emergency Fund campaign) or attend one of its events, like this virtual one celebrating the Queer Jewish community.
- Enjoy the National Film Board’s curated selection of films celebrating Jewish Heritage Month.
- Learn more about the history of Jewish Canadians with these nine online exhibits put together by the Canadian Jewish Experience.