We are looking for a superstar team member to join our fast-paced, flexible, values-driven workplace. The ideal candidate will be: a skillful online and face-to-face communicator; an adept juggler of multiple tasks and details; fearless in the face of new technologies; and a bold and collaborative puzzle solver.
The Coordinator, Learning and Teaching provides coordination and support for partner groups, events, projects, and initiatives that advance effective and innovative teaching and learning practices in the B.C. post-secondary system. This job is for a service-oriented problem solver who enjoys a fast paced, energetic, learning focused workplace.
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Learning and Teaching and works with other BCcampus staff, as well as instructional staff, faculty and other educators from partner institutions.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of BCcampus online and face-to-face events and workshops, including building conference schedules, supporting program chairs and presenter communications
- Coordinate educational technology demonstrations
- Create and maintain data on events and initiatives for the purposes of planning and reporting
- Assist with research on trends, learning and teaching activities and strategies, using both primary and secondary sources
- Prepare literature reviews
- Support provincial groups sponsored by BCcampus, including collaborations, relationship management, planning and support for group leaders, maintaining web properties and current membership records
- Share knowledge openly
- Establish strong, positive, productive relationships
- Contribute to a positive, supportive and strong team culture at BCcampus
- Continually expand and update professional knowledge
Education and subject matter expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education, and at least 2 years of related experience
- High attention to detail and superior organization skills
- Prioritize workflow effectively
- Use a variety of communication and collaboration tools such as Zoom, Blue Jeans, RocketChat, WordPress, Pressbooks, Google tools, Confluence
- Communicate professionally and effectively in person and in writing
- Exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- Work effectively in the BC post-secondary system
- Work well under pressure and effectively meet deadlines
- Stay focused and motivated in ambiguous situations
- Energetic and resourceful
This is a full-time position. While our preference is for the candidate to work in our Victoria office, applications from qualified Vancouver-based candidates will be considered. Salary range: $60, 508 – $62, 952. This posting is now closed.
At BCcampus our mandate is to provide teaching, learning, educational technology, and open education support to the post-secondary institutions of B.C. Ultimately, our goal is to improve student learning. Our operational methodology falls somewhere between a government agency and an agile start-up, ensuring we’re consistently demonstrating our flexible, responsive approach to improving the teaching and learning landscape of B.C.
BCcampus acknowledges the Coast Salish People, Lkwungen, and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples, on whose traditional territories we are privileged to live, work, and play. Through our work we are learning to incorporate Indigenous epistemologies into our actions and understandings, supporting decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization to advocate systemic changes in the post-secondary environment of B.C.
We welcome applications from members of equity seeking groups.