DEADLINE TO APPLY: November 5, 2020
CONTACT: Robynne Devine at email@example.com
The projects related to this call for proposals are supported by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training and led by BCcampus in conjunction with advisory groups of students, staff, and faculty from B.C. post-secondary institutions (PSIs). BCcampus provides evidence-based, collaboratively designed and developed, openly licensed learning resources for B.C. PSIs and sector partners.
BCcampus is seeking a WordPress or Pressbooks superuser with an eye for detail to support several projects over the next seven months. With the purpose of publishing quality open educational resources (OER), duties will range depending on each project, but will include the following:
- Uploading OER to WordPress
- Uploading curriculum to Pressbooks
- Completing content design and accessibility reviews using the BCcampus Accessibility Toolkit
- Metadata entry
- Providing best practice advice and training as needed
The successful applicant will work with project-specific stakeholders, including BCcampus staff, a metadata librarian, and content creators.
- Create Pressbooks instances for new training curriculum
- Copyedit new training curriculum
- Work with subject matter experts to finalize curriculum
- Review and resolve accessibility issues against established criteria
- Provide support to open online courses repository, including, but not limited to, working in WordPress to upload content and ensuring stable links and correct file types
- Work with a metadata librarian to ensure all metadata is entered correctly
- Establish strong, positive, productive relationships with project stakeholders
- Proficient in WordPress and Pressbooks
- Knowledge of open educational practices
- Knowledge of accessibility practices (preferred)
- Proficient in copyediting
- Excellent English language grammar skills
Training and Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary program in a communications, education, or technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of experience working with digital publishing tools
- Two years of copyediting experience
- Experience working with and incorporating diverse and inclusive perspectives
- Understanding of curriculum design preferred
The deliverables for this work will be due between October 2020 and April 2021, with an estimated maximum of 900 hours and workload varying month to month.
Applications should include an hourly rate of pay.
Responding to this Call for Proposals
To respond to this call for proposals, please send a cover letter and CV highlighting your relevant education and experience plus compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. PDT on November 5, 2020.