BCcampus is offering five scholarships ($200 value) to five faculty or staff to participate in the Regional Leaders of Open Education (RLOE) Network. The RLOE Leadership Program supports leaders to build individualized strategic plans for open education that align with existing campus goals to support underserved and underrepresented students. The programming will help leaders structure plans that integrate the use, application, and development of open educational resources (OER) and open educational practices (OEP) grounded in these cornerstones:
- Policies and strategies
- Professional development
Programming is virtual only and consists of both asynchronous and synchronous activities. The RLOE Network plans to have three cohorts go through the initial phase of the Leadership Program, spread out over a six-week period.
What Is Offered to You and Your Institution
- Opportunity to learn how OER and OEP can help students be more successful, increasing retention and degree completion rates
- Assistance in drafting a specialized plan for OER and OEP to help meet the needs of students on your campus, especially underserved student populations
- Ongoing mentorship from open education and DEI leaders to support your longer-term plan implementation
- Connection to a large network of leadership peers, providing additional resources and support via virtual communication and opportunities for in-person gatherings
BCcampus is committed to inclusion. From the workplace to our learning spaces, we value diversity and are actively working to decolonize our organization and the ways in which we collaborate with others. We believe that a more diverse team will help us better support the individuals and communities we work with. Please find the BCcampus definitions of equity, diversity, and inclusion on our website.
- Work at a B.C. public or private post-secondary institution
- Read the RLOE Network Invitation to Participate
- Choose to attend during one of the following sessions:
- Oct 25–Nov 12, 2021
- Jan 24–Feb 11, 2022
- May 23–Jun 10, 2022
- Allocate about 12 hours in synchronous activities and 12–15 hours in asynchronous activities.
- Apply to the RLOE Network. This link takes you to a non-BCcampus webpage, but rest assured B.C. post-secondary institution candidates will be identified by OE Global and referred to BCcampus.
- The RLOE Network will refer B.C. post-secondary institution candidates to BCcampus.
- BCcampus will connect with successful applicants once they have been accepted to the program.
- BCcampus will cover the cost of the program for successful applicants.
For further information about this unique professional development opportunity, please refer to:
- Regional Leaders of Open Education Network webpage
- RLOE Network Invitation to Participate
- RLOE Network Application Form
For questions, please contact Amanda Coolidge at firstname.lastname@example.org.