As many of you know, over the last year we’ve been taking a look at our services to see whether we were meeting our own goals, the goals of the Ministry of Advanced Education (our funders), and whether we were meeting the needs of the B.C. post-secondary system. That has resulted in a more focussed mandate for BCcampus, and we’re excited to share that with you. We also have some people changes happening we’d like to make you aware of.
You’ll find a list of our key deliverables here. As you may notice, many of our programs and services remain as is, with a few changes to tighten our focus going forward. We are really looking forward to working collaboratively with our institutional partners as well as other system agencies and organizations such as BCCAT, BCNET and BCELN, in addition to our many out of province partners. As an agile organization, we will continue to review our work, and to renew and refocus as needs change.
Internally we’ve got some changes happening too:
- Mary Burgess, who has been acting Executive Director since September 2014 and was previously Director, Open Education, has been confirmed as Executive Director. You can reach Mary at email@example.com
- Lawrence Parisotto, who was previously Director, Collaborative Programs and Services, has moved into a new role as Director, Education Projects. In addition to our collaborative programs and projects, Lawrence has taken on oversight of the Open Education and Professional Learning teams. You can reach Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barb Murphy has moved from Design Analyst to Manager, Marketing and Communications. You can reach Barb at email@example.com
- Christy Foote has moved into a new position, Coordinator, Administration and Events. She’ll still be doing her amazing work on our events and has taken on new responsibilities as well. You can reach Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are also joined by Mirjam van Hasselt who is Coordinator, Administration and Finance. Mirjam’s focus is primarily on finance, and she is our primary contact for any questions you have for BCcampus when you don’t know who else to talk to. You can reach Mirjam at email@example.com
- Lucy Westaway and Paul Hughes both retired as of June 30th after many years of supporting the work of the BCcampus team. While we are so sorry to see them go, we wish them all the best in the next chapter!
See the complete BCcampus staff directory.