Over the years FLO Enthusiasts have been refining and growing the collection of Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) courses, affectionately referred to as the “FLO family of courses”, and there’s no stopping us! Here’s a glimpse of what the future holds
We’ve listened to your feedback and FLO will become more affordable and more modularized. We will still run our 5-week Facilitating Learning Online – Fundamentals course (October 1 – November 2, 2018), but in an effort to reach twice as many people it will cost half as much! Further, the first 3 registrants will receive a super deal. Register for the October FLO Fundamentals course here!
Beginning in June 2018, we will roll out our first FLO MicroCourse. Short, free, and focused, these online courses will provide an opportunity to dip into the FLO experience and leave with something practical and useful for your own teaching practice.
We will continue to offer Facilitator Development Online (FDO) to prepare individuals who are interested in facilitating and adopting FLO family courses. However, we’re working to better accommodate your busy schedules and learning needs by dividing FDO into four parts:
- Self-directed courses with sandbox environments to become familiar with what’s under the hood of a FLO course and how to prepare for a strong start as a new facilitator
- A comprehensive Facilitation Guide to help you facilitate or adopt FLO courses
- Continue with the 2-week workshop to dive deeper and explore the preparation and work required to facilitate FLO
- A “capstone” practice opportunity to take on facilitation tasks alongside an experienced FLO facilitator
As community-based service learning offerings, FDO and FLO MicroCourses are free in exchange for your commitment to participate in course activities.
All of this new development to prepare facilitators is underway. Meanwhile, join the 58 educators representing 16 B.C. post-secondary institutions who are on the pathway to becoming awesome FLO facilitators! The next FDO course runs May 7 – 18, 2018 and is facilitated by Ross McKerlich, Education Technology Coordinator at Okanagan College, and Sylvia Currie. Register for the May FDO offering here.
As always, FLO courses are openly licensed and available for institutions to implement in-house.
Browse or download (Moodle) the courses in SOLR.
- Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) Program – all Courses
- Article: FLO: More than a collection of resources
- Blog Post: Governance by Enthusiasm by Sylvia Currie
- FLO Infosheet (pdf): an overview of all FLO offerings