The BCcampus Professional Learning Grant will not be available for the 2022-23 fiscal year. Thank you for your interest and feel free to check back with us about the program in the future.
BCcampus Professional Learning Grant
We created the BCcampus Professional Learning Grant to provide B.C. public post-secondary educators with more equitable access to funding for professional development related to creating excellent and inclusive learning experiences and environments for diverse student groups. Topics may include online teaching and learning, digital literacy, decolonizing curriculum and teaching practices, Indigenous engagement, open educational practices, alternative assessment strategies, and trauma-informed practice training.
Examples of the kind of offerings this program will support with grant funding include:
- BCcampus Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) Courses
- Digital Pedagogy Lab
- Nahanee Creative On-Demand Mini-Courses
- Trauma Informed Practice Training offered by the Trauma Informed Practice Institute
Please visit our calendar for upcoming BCcampus opportunities.
- Applicants teach for-credit courses in B.C.’s public post-secondary system.
- Applicants do not have access to sufficient professional development funds and would be unable to attend without financial support.BCcampus Professional Learning Grants may be used to supplement institutional or other funding available to the applicant.
- Funds are to be used for course, workshop, or conference fees.
- Learning opportunities funded by this program must be completed and expenses claimed by the end of the current fiscal year (March 31).
- Applicants who have received BCcampus Professional Learning Grant funding in the prior two fiscal years are not eligible.
- A maximum of $1500 CAD will be granted to any individual.
- Applicants complete and submit the online form.
- Requests for funding are reviewed, and successful applicants are notified within two to three weeks of submission.
- Once accepted, grant recipients will receive a registration code to enroll in the BCcampus event at no cost.
- For non-BCcampus courses or events, grant recipients:
- Register and pay for the course, event, workshop, etc.
- Submit an expense claim accompanied by receipts and a copy of the certificate of completion(or other proof of attendance) per BCcampus/Simon Fraser University finance department guidelines.
- Reimbursement is sent to the recipient.