Learning to Facilitate Online
To help educators in B.C. become effective facilitators of learning online, we have developed a family of courses designed to expand and enhance your online facilitation skills.
Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) courses offer engaging learning experiences that explore approaches, understandings, and solutions to help you become an effective online instructor. FLO courses are grounded in research about teaching and learning online and have been designed by experienced learning designers and educators. Through this series of workshops, you will discuss, practice, and develop your ability to confidently and effectively facilitate learning online.
There are five skills-based courses to develop your FLO skills:
- FLO: Fundamentals – a five-week introduction to online facilitation that explores adult and online learning principles, techniques, and technologies to support student learning and instructor presence, as well as how to deal with common challenges that arise in online courses.
- FLO: Design – a four-week design course that looks at learning theories and approaches to instructional learning and learning design. Successful completion of this course will leave you more confident and skilled in designing online learning experiences.
- FLO: Synchronous – a three-week immersion into the planning and facilitating of synchronous online sessions. This course will help you deliver better webinars, online office hours, and other online sessions with more confidence and creativity.
- Facilitator Development – a two-week workshop for individuals interested in deepening their experience by becoming a FLO Facilitator.
- FLO: MicroCourses – one-week asynchronous emergent courses related to designing and facilitating learning online.
Upcoming FLO workshops
Join us for an upcoming FLO workshop to discover the difference it can make to your students’ and your own online experience.