Learning to Facilitate Online
Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) courses offer engaging learning experiences that explore approaches, understandings, and solutions to help you become an effective online instructor. FLO courses are grounded in research about teaching and learning online and have been designed by experienced learning designers and educators.
The FLO family of offerings includes:
- FLO: Fundamentals – a five-week introduction to online facilitation that explores adult and online learning principles, techniques, and technologies to support student learning and instructor presence, as well as how to deal with common challenges that arise in online courses.
- FLO: Synchronous – a three-week immersion into the planning and facilitating of synchronous online sessions. This course will help you deliver better webinars, online office hours, and other online sessions with more confidence and creativity.
- FLO: Design – a four-week design course that helps participants develop online course design skills and try new techniques and strategies to create effective, engaging, online learning experiences. This course complements the Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) Fundamentals course which focuses on facilitation skills and strategies.
- FLO: MicroCourses – one-week asynchronous emergent courses related to designing and facilitating learning online.
- FLO: Labs – Three-hour experiential synchronous workshops.
- FLO: Fridays – One-hour facilitated online synchronous sessions.
All FLO course are OERs! Some of the FLO open educational resource courses that might be of interest for adoption are:
FLO Fundamentals (five weeks), FLO Design (four weeks), FLO Synchronous (three weeks), and a wide range of one-week FLO MicroCourses with topics such as Make Your Course Intro Video, Design with Liberating Structures, and more.
If you’re interested in adopting a FLO course for your needs, contact Helena Prins by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a FLO Facilitator
If you want to join the family of FLO facilitators, email email@example.com with your ideas.
Upcoming FLO offerings
Ready to go with the FLO? Check out our events calendar and register for an upcoming FLO offering.