Facilitating Learning Online (FLO) – Design
- Length: 4 weeks
- Mode: Online – asynchronous with scheduled synchronous sessions
- Time commitment:
Participants should expect to spend 6-13 hours for course activities during each of the four weeks. Those with no prior online teaching and learning experience can expect to invest more time. Continuous, active participation is necessary to make this course successful for everyone.
- Fees – This course is offered on a cost-recovery basis. Fees are set at the time the course is scheduled.
FLO-Design is a complementary course to FLO-Fundamentals, which supports educators to learn how to facilitate learning in asynchronous environments. FLO-Design is focused on important elements of educational design and the intentional steps to developing effective learning environments.
FLO-Design will prepare you to:
- Identify the pedagogical choices that inform the design of a learning module and prototype activity;
- Discuss important elements of user experience and multimedia design;
- Decide on the type and use of quality guidelines or standards;
- Discuss and debate design choices; and
- Create an online learning module and a demonstration activity for a topic relevant to teaching and learning.
- Check the BCcampus Calendar for upcoming FLO offerings.
- Complete the registration form for the FLO-Design that fits your schedule.
- You will be given access to the course prior to the start date.