Symposium 2017 Archives
Welcome to the archives of Symposium 2017: Scholarly Teaching & Learning in Post-Secondary Education, presented by the BCTLC and BCcampus on Nov. 6, 2017.
The next Symposium will take place in 2019. In the meantime, don’t miss our next exciting event, the Festival of Learning 2018 taking place May 28-30, 2018.
Keynote presentation video
- Keynote, Dr. Nancy Chick – Scholarly Teaching to SoTL: Exploring the Shared “S”
- Scholarly Teaching to SoTL: Exploring the Shared “S”
- Symposium 2017 Keynote – Dr. Nancy Chick, University Chair in Teaching and Learning, University of Calgary
- Analysis of UFV Student Learning Patterns: Ratio of Instructor-Directed (In-Class) to Independent (Out-of-Class) Time Spent on Learning Activities
- Presentation by Samantha Pattridge and Hannah Peters (UFV)
- Encouraging Folio-Thinking: Capturing the Learning with e-Portfolio
- Presentation by Claire Hay, Associate Professor of Geography, University of the Fraser Valley, Michelle Johnson, Educational Developer, University of the Fraser Valley and Mary Gene Saudelli, Faculty, Teaching and Learning, University of the Fraser Valley
- Changing the way we teach teams
- Presentation by Shauna Jones, Senior Lecturer, Simon Fraser University
Call for proposals