Since 2012, the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training has funded B.C. open education initiatives and tasked BCcampus with managing them. Our goal is to provide flexible and affordable access to post-secondary learning resources in B.C. by making open educational resources (OER) available and supporting open educational practices (OEP).
In April 2019, funding of $3.26 million for OER was announced by Melanie Mark, Minister of Advanced Education, Skills and Training, at the Cascadia Open Education Summit. BCcampus has been using this funding for the development of OER.
BCcampus has identified the need to review the recently published textbook Nursing Pharmacology, which comes out of the Open RN project in Wisconsin. We are looking to determine the book’s suitability for use in a B.C. context and identify what adaptations are required in order for the textbook to be adoptable by B.C. nursing faculty.
This expression of interest is for individuals or groups in British Columbia and the Yukon to evaluate the newly published open textbook Nursing Pharmacology for use in B.C. This evaluation will provide recommendations on the use and adaptation of this textbook, identify gaps in existing resources, and provide recommendations for the development of new material to be added to the resource.
Estimated completion time: 1 month
The application form should be completed and emailed to email@example.com. This call is currently open. The deadline for submissions is 10 a.m. PDT on Monday, October 5, 2020. Successful applicants will be notified by Thursday, October 8, 2020.
Criteria for Successful Proposals
Expectations and requirements of selected applicants
The following commitments and actions are expected of successful applicants:
- Review Nursing Pharmacology for its suitability for use in B.C.
- Identify missing content and changes that need to be made to the content for use in B.C.
- Document these changes and recommendations
For funding to be released, this project must:
- Be completed on time.
- Submit at least one document that outlines:
- Suitability of the resource for use in B.C.
- A plan for content that is required or needs adaptation in order to make the resource complete for a B.C. audience.
- Provide a summary of the steps taken to evaluate the resource and the overall recommendation.
Review and selection process
Applications will be evaluated by an internal review committee based on the following criteria:
- Applicant(s) have experience with and knowledge of nursing education in B.C. and in Canada.
- Provision of a timeline for completion of work.
If you have any further questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.