This pandemic has been a huge learning experience for many educators, having to quickly shift from a face-to-face space to an online learning environment. To help with this transition, we’ve developed the BCcampus Professional Learning Grant.
The 2020-21 BCcampus Professional Learning Grant will focus on funding for B.C. post-secondary educators to better access professional development to help gain the knowledge and skills they need to teach online.
The goal of the BCcampus Professional Learning Grant is to support the participation of diverse voices, ideas, and perspectives to our events and be inclusive to all educators and learning professionals in B.C.
Please visit our calendar for upcoming opportunities.
- The applicant is an instructor or teaching faculty at a B.C. public post-secondary institution.
- The applicant does not have access to sufficient professional development funds and is unable to attend without financial support. The BCcampus Professional Learning Grant may also be used to supplement institutional or other funding that may be available.
- Applicants who have received BCcampus Professional Learning Grant (formerly known as the Learning Access Program for Educators, or LAP-E) funding in the prior two fiscal years are not eligible.
- Applicants complete and submit the online form.
- Requests for funding are reviewed and successful applicants are notified within 2-3 weeks of submission.
- Once accepted, grant recipients will receive a registration code to enroll in the BCcampus event at no cost.
- For non-BCcampus courses or events, grant recipients:
- Register and pay for the course, event, workshop, etc.
- Submit expense claim accompanied by receipts, a copy of the certificate of completion or other proof of attendance) per BCcampus/SFU Finance guidelines.
- Reimbursement is sent to the recipient.
All inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org