We will explore Digital Literacy in this new era of online uncertainty. Seeking truthiness, real news, and actual facts in the world of Teaching and Learning. Do these even exist?
This engaging day will provide participants with an informative and inspiring opportunity to seek out bold new ideas on what it means to be a digital citizen and how digital literacy fits into this process. We will explore topics such as:
- Building competencies to become classroom content creators
- Supporting capacity building amongst instructors and students in a range of technologies, media, contexts, and genres.
- Promoting strategies for fact-checking, ethical reporting, and mobile journalism
- Fostering inclusion in education systems (ensuring all students become digitally competent and not just the lucky few)
- Engaging and assisting instructors in making the shifts to open participatory classrooms
Keynote Speaker: Mike Caulfield
Mike is the Director, Blended and Networked Learning at Washington State University Vancouver, and the editor of the New Horizons column for the EDUCAUSE Review. Read more…
To stay informed with BCcampus by signing up for our newsletter, viewing all the events in our calendar and following @BCcampus on Twitter.
Posted by rhumphreys & filed under .