This is a series of lightning talks co-hosted between TRU, Concordia University (Edmonton), University of Alberta, University of British Columbia (Vancouver), and University of Calgary. Every Wednesday in March, there will be a different series of talks on a topic related to open education.
We may just want to promote the event on March 8, which is actually during Open Education Week. If you scroll down on this page, you can find the schedule for that event: Open Education Talks 2023. The event will be in Zoom.
Schedule for March 8 event (times are in Mountain):
Using Open Education in Student and Academic Development
- 12:00 Building Institutional Supports for Open Educational Practices – Rajiv Jhangiani
- 12:15 Integrating Open Recognition into Program and Course Designs – Doug Belshaw, Laura Hilliger and Anne Hilliger
- 12:30 Ill-Advised and Brave: On Pursuing Tenure in the Open – Brenna Clarke Gray
- 12:45 Developing Your Teaching Dossier: A Customizable Asynchronous Series for Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows – Samantha Chang and Michal Kasprzak
- 1:00 Developing an OER Resume Catalogue: Creating For Users Beyond the Classroom – Noah Arney, Sarah Gibson and Leanne Mihalicz
Overarching event description:
We are excited to announce the second annual offering of The Open Education Talks, first offered in 2022 as The Open Pedagogy Talks, a series of lightning talks focusing on open education in post-secondary institutions.
“… open education is not limited to just open educational resources. It also draws upon open technologies that facilitate collaborative, flexible learning and the open sharing of teaching practices that empower educators to benefit from the best ideas of their colleagues” (UNESCO Cape Town Declaration, 2018).