Invitation: To educators and anyone doing the work of “pivoting online” who would like to drop in with questions, and/or to hear others’ challenges and solutions.
Who is hosting: BCcampus – a passionate group of instructional designers, learning technologists, administrators, and more!
And why…We feel the enormous challenge you are facing today and in the weeks to come. We want to offer support, particularly to institutions and educators without access to a large teaching and learning support team.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Human Support/Communications
- Exams Online
- Experiential Learning Online
Expectation setting: We cannot offer or replace institution-specific supports, but we CAN talk through challenges like:
- I have an in-class final exam worth 30% – what could I do instead?
- My students are freaking out and I can’t keep up with the messages – what can I try?
- I want to do a live online session but I’ve never done that before – what can I do?
- I have this assignment…I’m not sure how to do it online – do you have ideas?
BCcampus Online Office Hours:
Starting at ground zero?
Join us for the super-duper basics of online learning AKA no dumb questions session. This drop-in is for folx who are completely new to the online teaching world. There are no dumb questions. We will try and cover the basics of online learning while giving you the space to ask your questions.
- Top 5 Resources for the New-to-Online Crowd
- BCcampus Online Communication Tips_2020
- BCcampus Online Assessment Resources_2020
- Video: BCcampus Online Drop-In – March 20
- Video: Assessments & Activities in an Online Environment – Mar 20 AM
- Video: Assessments & Activities in an Online Environment – Mar 20 PM
- Video: Immersive Activities in an Online Environment – March 20