Working Together, Learning Together
Moving your assessments to a digital delivery may seem daunting. You may be asking questions like, “I have an in-class final exam worth 30% – what could I do instead?” or “I have a group project, how do I move it online?” Our staff would like to help tackle questions like these together during this session of BCcampus Online Office Hours.
Invitation: To educators and anyone doing the work of pivoting assignments, tests, exams, and other assessments online who would like to drop in with questions, and/or to hear others’ challenges and solutions.
Who is hosting: BCcampus has staff who used to work as instructional designers, learning technologists, and administrators in B.C. PSE institutions. Expect to see colleagues like Tannis Morgan, Krista Lambert, Melanie Meyers, Tracy Roberts, Amanda Coolidge, and others!
And why…We feel the enormous challenge you are facing today and in the weeks to come. We want to offer support, particularly to institutions and educators without access to a large teaching and learning support team.
Expectation setting: We cannot offer or replace institution-specific supports, but we can brainstorm solutions to any questions or challenges you face!
Where: We meet online in BlueJeans – here’s how to connect via browser or phone:
Meeting URL: https://bluejeans.com/6045124365?src=join_info
Meeting ID: 604 512 436 5 Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers: Then Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
- +1.778.807.4955 (Canada (Vancouver))
- +1.416.900.2956 (Canada (Toronto))
- +1.438.788.3021 (Canada (Montreal, French))
- +1.866.599.3622 (Canada (Toll-Free))
- (see all numbers – https://www.bluejeans.com/premium-numbers)
Connecting from a room system? Dial: bjn.vc or 22.214.171.124 and enter your meeting ID & passcode We encourage participants to join the call up to 15 minutes in advance to test their equipment.
BCcampus staff will be online starting at 11:45 AM to assist any participant as needed. If this seems useful for others, please pass it on – all are welcome.
- Top 5 Resources for the New-to-Online Crowd
- BCcampus Online Communication Tips_2020
- BCcampus Online Assessment Resources_2020
- Video: BCcampus Online Drop-In – March 20
- Video: Assessments & Activities in an Online Environment – Mar 20 AM
- Video: Assessments & Activities in an Online Environment – Mar 20 PM
- Video: Immersive Activities in an Online Environment – March 20