The conference theme “Engaging Every Learner” explores how we can design, assess, and facilitate learning that engages every learner, allowing each student to build their own knowledge and contribute their own strengths to their learning and the learning of their classmates and instructors.
Together, we’ll explore questions that reach through and beyond content and pedagogical content knowledge, like:
- How can one instructor engage every student in a large class?
- How do instructors recognize and celebrate their students’ diversity without risking microaggressions?
- What can instructors do before, during, and after class, face-to-face and online, to support each student?
- How does an instructor create and maintain an environment where every student feels welcome to contribute?
- What critical pedagogies empower each student’s unique voice?
- What technologies enhance a student’s ability to engage and contribute?
- What are the promising practices in your discipline? Can they be adapted to other disciplines?
Keynote address by Dr.Sarah L.Eddy, “End of Lecture? Active learning increases student achievement“.
Call for Proposals:
Share your promising practices and research in a 60-minute interactive workshop, 20-minute seminar, or poster.
Submission deadline: February 28, 2017.
To stay informed with BCcampus by signing up for our newsletter, viewing all the events in our calendar and following @BCcampus on Twitter.
Posted by rhumphreys & filed under .