This event is part of the annual International Open Access Week, and is a collaboration between BCcampus, UBC Library, SFU Library, the Public Knowledge Project, and the BC Research Libraries Group (BCRLG). The theme of International Open Access Week 2015 is “Open for Collaboration.”
Open for Collaboration: Is it Time for Canada to Implement A Unified Open Strategy for Higher Education?
- Dr. John Willinksy, Director of the Public Knowledge Project, Khosla Family Professor of Education and Director of the Program in Science, Technology, and Society at Stanford University, Professor in Publishing Studies at SFU, and Distinguished Scholar in Residence at the SFU Library.
- Dr. Juan Pablo Alperin, Professor in Publishing Studies at SFU and a collaborator on the Public Knowledge Project at Simon Fraser University.
- David Ascher, VP of Product for the Mozilla Foundation
- Inba Kehoe, Copyright Officer and Scholarly Communication Librarian at University of Victoria Libraries
- Clint Lalonde, Senior Manager, Open Education at BCcampus
- Dr. Rosemary (Rosie) J. Redfield, Professor in the Department of Zoology at UBC