The annual JIBC Applied Research Day is aimed at creating awareness of the important role of applied research with scholarship, student engagement and solving real world issues.
The event is open to JIBC Students, Faculty, Staff, Stakeholders, and invited guests. Learn more about how applied research influences public policy, informs and enhances training practices, and advances professional development.
Keynote Speaker: Len Garis, Fire Chief, City of Surrey
Evidenced-Based Decision Making
- Panel with guest Research Associate presenters
- Doug Abrahamson, Sheila Turris and Lorraine Greaves
- Student research presenters
- Sybille Sanderson, Saskia Holditch and Mariano Perini
- Applied research and student engagement -Skills Framework
- Speed research and poster presentations