Note: This session has passed, please view the recording below.
Working Together, Learning Together
Invitation: To educators and anyone doing the work of “pivoting online” who would like to drop in with questions, and/or to hear others’ challenges and solutions. Who is hosting: BCcampus has staff who used to work as instructional designers, learning technologists, and administrators in B.C. PSE institutions. Expect to see colleagues like Tannis Morgan, Krista Lambert, Melanie Meyers, Tracy Roberts, Amanda Coolidge, and others! And why…We feel the enormous challenge you are facing today and in the weeks to come. We want to offer support, particularly to institutions and educators without access to a large teaching and learning support team. Topics include:
- Human Support/Communications
- Exams Online
- Experiential Learning Online
Expectation setting: We cannot offer or replace institution-specific supports, but we CAN talk through challenges like:
- I have an in-class final exam worth 30% – what could I do instead?
- My students are freaking out and I can’t keep up with the messages – what can I try?
- I want to do a live online session but I’ve never done that before – what can I do?
- I have this assignment…I’m not sure how to do it online – do you have ideas?
- Top 5 Resources for the New-to-Online Crowd
- BCcampus Online Communication Tips_2020
- BCcampus Online Assessment Resources_2020
- Video: BCcampus Online Drop-In – March 20
- Video: Assessments & Activities in an Online Environment – Mar 20 AM
- Video: Assessments & Activities in an Online Environment – Mar 20 PM
- Video: Immersive Activities in an Online Environment – March 20