Working Together, Learning Together
Invitation: To educators and anyone doing the work of “pivoting online” who would like to drop in with questions, and/or to hear others’ challenges and solutions.
Who is hosting: BCcampus has staff who used to work as instructional designers, learning technologists, and administrators in B.C. PSE institutions.
And why…We feel the enormous challenge you are facing today and in the weeks to come. We want to offer support, particularly to institutions and educators without access to a large teaching and learning support team.
- Human Support/Communications
- Exams Online
- Experiential Learning Online
Expectation setting: We cannot offer or replace institution-specific supports, but we CAN talk through challenges like:
- I have an in-class final exam worth 30% – what could I do instead?
- My students are freaking out and I can’t keep up with the messages – what can I try?
- I want to do a live online session but I’ve never done that before – what can I do?
- I have this assignment…I’m not sure how to do it online – do you have ideas?
Where: We meet online in BlueJeans – here’s how to connect via browser or phone:
Meeting URL: https://bluejeans.com/6045124365?src=join_info
Meeting ID: 604 512 436 5
Want to dial in from a phone? Dial one of the following numbers:
Then Enter the meeting ID and passcode followed by #
- +1.778.807.4955 (Canada (Vancouver))
- +1.416.900.2956 (Canada (Toronto))
- +1.438.788.3021 (Canada (Montreal, French))
- +1.866.599.3622 (Canada (Toll-Free))
- (see all numbers – https://www.bluejeans.com/premium-numbers)
Connecting from a room system? Dial: bjn.vc or 18.104.22.168 and enter your meeting ID & passcode
We encourage participants to join the call up to 15 minutes in advance to test their equipment. BCcampus staff will be online starting at 1:45 PM to assist any participant as needed.
If this seems useful for others, please pass it on – all are welcome.