Students are advocates and supporters of open education, creating, adapting and sharing resources, using open technologies and getting involved in projects to build awareness among their peers.
The primary goal of this webinar is to support students who are working on open projects to learn some strategies for learning resource design and improving accessibility. We do not have students scheduled to present to the group instead we are hoping for students to join the session to learn more about these areas and share with each other.
In this webinar, we will be bringing together students from across the BC Post Secondary System who are supporting open education projects and together we’ll explore what we can learn as contributors to these projects. We’ll also explore varied practices and approaches for creating well-designed, accessible and open content.
Date: February 27th,
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 pm PST
Location: Collaborate Virtual Room
By attending this webinar you will learn and discuss:
- How students in B.C. are supporting Open Education projects.
- How open education supports learning.
- Ways of designing and developing content using Universal Design for Learning (UDL) that is accessible and focused on the user experiences.
- Approaches to making content open, findable and re-usable.
- Join Cindy Underhill Strategist, Learning Resource Design at the University of British Columbia
- Lucas Wright Open Education Advisor at BCcampus
- Josie Gray, Open Education Production Assistant at BCcampus
Please register using this link.
To stay informed with BCcampus by signing up for our newsletter, viewing all the events in our calendar and following @BCcampus on Twitter.
Posted by rhumphreys & filed under .