BCcampus is happy to be hosting a fall 2022 Research Speaker Series that offers all BCcampus research fellows and scholars across post-secondary institutions in B.C. an opportunity to learn and share your knowledge and advocacy on research methods, approaches, and pedagogies regarding accessibility; access; equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI); and Indigenous engagement in teaching and learning.
These livestream webinars, which typically take place on Tuesdays once every three weeks, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., allow you to hear about new research directly from researchers involved and give you a chance to ask questions about the meaning and interpretation of their findings. If you are unable to attend, recorded webinars of presentations will be made available within a week of the event.
What you’ll take away:
- Broaden your knowledge and research skills/capacity in the B.C. post-secondary context.
- Learn more about research, Indigenizing research, EDI in research, decolonizing research, and accessibility.
- Be inspired to participate in research communities of practice, or explore the themes in your studies or work.
- Connect with academics and community members who share your interests.
Other events in this series:
- Oct. 4, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.—Tanya Ball, Indigenous Approaches to Research and Ethics
- Oct. 25, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.—Mariel Miller, Design-Based Research
- Dec. 6, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.—Nadia Beyzaei, Community-Engaged Research
Thank you to all the wonderful speakers who will be joining us this fall.
This notice is to inform you that this session will be recorded, archived, and made available publicly on BCcampus.ca. By participating in this session, you acknowledge that your participation in this session will be recorded and the recording will be made available openly.