BCcampus is happy to be hosting a fall 2022 Research Speaker Series that offers all BCcampus research fellows and scholars across post-secondary institutions in B.C. an opportunity to learn and share your knowledge and advocacy on research methods, approaches, and pedagogies regarding accessibility; access; equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI); and Indigenous engagement in teaching and learning.
These livestream webinars, which typically take place on Tuesdays once every three weeks, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., allow you to hear about new research directly from researchers involved and give you a chance to ask questions about the meaning and interpretation of their findings. If you are unable to attend, recorded webinars of presentations will be made available within a week of the event.
What you’ll take away:
- Broaden your knowledge and research skills/capacity in the B.C. post-secondary context.
- Learn more about research, Indigenizing research, EDI in research, decolonizing research, and accessibility.
- Be inspired to participate in research communities of practice, or explore the themes in your studies or work.
- Connect with academics and community members who share your interests.
Other events in this series:
- Oct. 4, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.—Tanya Ball, Indigenous Approaches to Research and Ethics
- Oct. 25, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.—Mariel Miller, Design-Based Research
- Nov. 22, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.—Tanya Manning-Lewis, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Research
Thank you to all the wonderful speakers who will be joining us this fall.