BCcampus Educational Technology
In collaboration and consultation with B.C. post-secondary institutions, BCcampus provides system-wide leadership and support around the effective selection and use of educational technologies, including testing and piloting new educational technologies with system partners.
The scope of our work in education technology encompasses a number of key focus areas:
- Next Generation Digital Learning Environments and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Interoperability standards, such as Common Cartridge, Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI), and Question Tools Interoperability (QTI).
- Adaptive learning and learning analytics.
- Competency-based education platforms.
- Learning assessment tools and technologies.
- Multimedia production and distribution.
- Assessment frameworks for new educational technologies.
- Digital badging.
- Technologies that support blended and online learning models.
- Blackboard Ally Sandbox Pilot
- Provincial Kaltura Shared Service project
- The British Columbia Open EdTech Collaborative (BCOETC)
- Big Blue Button (BBB) is an open source synchronous conferencing application, analogous to Blackboard Collaborate or Adobe Connect. BCcampus ran a BBB sandbox project from January 1, 2014 to June 30th, 2014. View the project page.
- Guide on the Side Sandbox Evaluation