If, like @FoodSociologist, you are wondering whether Liberating Structures (LS) will feature again at the Festival of Learning this year… we are pleased to let you know YES! Here is where to find Liberating Structures at the Festival of Learning (that we know of, so far…)
Post by Tracy Kelly, Senior Manager, Learning & Teaching
Sessions specifically about LS:
- Liberating Structures: Unleash and Include Everyone (90-min session): Come experience the top 4 most-used Liberating Structures in B.C. post-secondary education, and consider how you might use them in your work.
- Liberating the Webinar (45 min session): Attend this session to explore and compare different online webinar and collaborative platforms that would enable LS to be purposefully used to allow all voices to be heard.
- Liberating Structures User Group Meet up (1 hour, meet-up): All are welcome and we hope members of the Vancouver and Victoria Users Group will come and connect with each other!
Sessions whose presenters have indicated that they will use Liberating Structures to facilitate learning on their topic:
- How to Ruin an Open Education Initiative at your Institution (45 min session): This session will use TRIZ to invite “participants to critically reflect on the open education movement across BC and in particular at an institutional level”
- Design in Mind-Using Design Thinking for More than You can imagine (45 min session): This session will use Liberating Structures activities to explore Design thinking.
- Convening a new community of practice: Reflection, Learning, and Mutuality (45 min session): Using microstructures from Liberating Structures (McCandless & Lipmanowicz, 2014) participants are invited to explore principles that support communities of practice, and to also consider how to nurture a rich dynamic of mutual care and support.
If you plan to use Liberating Structures in your conference presentation at the Festival, let us know!
- Liberating Structures in B.C. post-secondary: How are they spreading?
- BCcampus walks the talk with Liberating Structures
- Opening the flow of learning with Liberating Structures
- BCcampus Professional Learning is unleashing the power of Liberating Structures
Join us for an upcoming event:
Pressbooks Training Webinar – Intro + Intermediate 1 – Apr. 16, 2018
Vancouver Liberating Structures User Group Meeting – Apr. 24, 2018
Boost your Facilitation Practice with Liberating Structures – Apr. 25 – 26, 2018
Facilitator Development Online (FDO) – May 7 – 18, 2018
Festival of Learning 2018 – May 28 – 30, 2018
To stay informed with BCcampus by signing up for our newsletter, visiting our calendar and following @BCcampus on Twitter.