Pressbooks is an open source, online authoring and publishing platform used by BCcampus and post-secondary institutions in B.C. and beyond to create and adapt open textbooks.
Two sessions are being offered back to back on the same day. Registrants may sign up for either one of the webinars or both.
Tuesday, April 16, 2018, 10-11am, Pacific time
You will learn:
- How to create a Pressbooks account and textbook
- How to navigate the Pressbooks Dashboard
- How to set up your book
- Parts and Chapters
- How to add Parts and Chapters & Front/Back Matter
- How to order Parts and Chapters & Front/Back Matter
- How to create content
- How to change/recover your password
Pressbooks, Intermediate 1: How to import and export files, and copy textbooks
Tuesday, April 16, 2018, 11am-12pm, Pacific time
You will learn:
- How to export files
- How to import a Pressbooks file to make a copy of a textbook
- NEW: Cloning a textbook
- How to import a Word file to make a copy of a textbook
- Adding multiple books to one account
- How to delete: a book, chapter or part
This webinar is free, but registration is required as space is limited.
These webinars are restricted to faculty and staff from B.C. post-secondary institutions. For faculty and staff outside of British Columbia, please see recordings of past webinars.
For more information about Pressbooks, see the B.C. Open Textbook Pressbooks Guide.
To stay informed with BCcampus by signing up for our newsletter, viewing all the events in our calendar and following @BCcampus on Twitter.
Posted by rhumphreys & filed under .