In the second to last episode, Josie Gray talks with Marco Seiferle-Valencia about his work as an OER librarian and how he has supported faculty in creating low or no-cost materials that have specific social justice goals. He shares how his own positionality impacts the work he does in open and offers a critical perspective on citational practices in open education scholarship.
- Chicana por mi Raza Digital Memory Collective
- It’s Not (Just) About the Cost: Academic Libraries and Intentionally Engaged OER for Social Justice
- Marco’s OpenEd2020 Presentation
- UofI’s Think Open Fellowship Program
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- White Ignorance by Charles Mills [PDF]
This episode is scheduled for December 14, 2022 at 7:00 a.m. PT. Let’s listen in…