FLO-Design is a complementary course to FLO-Fundamentals, which supports educators to learn how to facilitate learning in asynchronous environments. FLO-Design is focused on important elements of educational design and the intentional steps to developing effective learning environments.
FLO-Design will prepare you to:
- Identify the pedagogical choices that inform the design of a learning module and prototype activity;
- Discuss important elements of user experience and multimedia design;
- Decide on the type and use of quality guidelines or standards;
- Discuss and debate design choices; and
- Create an online learning module and a demonstration activity for a topic relevant to teaching and learning.
Facilitator Name(s): Karen Brooke; Bahareh Shahabi
Participants should expect to spend 6-13 hours for course activities during each of the four weeks. Those with no prior online teaching and learning experience can expect to invest more time. Continuous, active participation is necessary to make this course successful for everyone.
Who is this course for? Faculty & Instructors