*Note: This session has passed. Please view the recording and resources below.
This event is part of the OER Production Series. Pressbooks is an online self-publishing tool available to all post-secondary faculty and staff in B.C. and the Yukon. This webinar is a continuation of the introductory Pressbooks webinar, where we taught the basics of the platform. In this session, we will explore how to make the most of the many features in Pressbooks while ensuring accessibility and usability for students.
This will include:
- How to create complex content, like interactive H5P activities and math equations
- How to customize the display of things like text, tables, and textboxes
- How to make your Pressbook easier to navigate
- How to fill out metadata fields
- What to consider with different export formats (webbook, .pdf, and .epub)
- A tour of some existing open educational resources (OER) created in Pressbooks to explore the range of ways people have used it.
To view the other events in this series, visit OER Production Series.
Josie Gray (she/her) is the manager of Production and Publishing at BCcampus. She manages the B.C. Open Collection and provides training and support for B.C. faculty publishing open textbooks in Pressbooks. She has been working with Pressbooks for more than six years and always delights in helping people figure out the platform to create OER.