The Festival of Learning took place on May 28 – 30, 2018. Educators and administrators, faculty and leaders, developers, designers, and students were invited to join us for three days of learning, reflecting, and networking with colleagues at the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront.
Festival Theme – Higher Education: Handle with Care
How does care manifest – or fail to manifest – in our practices, policies, structures, spaces, technologies and pedagogies? How could we be better caretakers and caregivers in the context of post-secondary education and in service of student learning?
Inclusive by design
An important driver for the planning of the event was inclusion – ensuring that everyone can attend #FoL18. Inclusion was obvious in the details. Here are a few items we included:
- Deep discounts for early-bird registrants, students, speakers, and volunteers
- Free childcare
- Wheelchair accessibility with preferred seating in the most accessible areas of each room
- Option to add pronoun ribbons to your conference badge
- All-gender washrooms
- Healthy meal choices for all
At #FoL18, there was a superb selection of session formats, learning experiences, unique spaces, and phenomenally useful social and networking events, as well as new components, such as:
- Complimentary childcare via Nannies on Call
- Yoga breaks
- Meditation sessions
- An appreciation station to write a note of thanks to the important people in your life
And that’s not all! Check out the #FoL18 FAQ page for more information.
As we get closer to the event date, there will be announcements to share new sponsors and events – We’ll be sharing these updates as they happen, so be sure to:
- Follow @BCcampus as well as the hashtag #FoL18
- Sign up for the BCcampus newsletter
- Check back here to stay informed of all things #FoL18
Please contact us directly if you have any questions.
For all BCcampus hosted and partnered events, as well as, external events hosted by B.C. post-secondary institutions see the BCcampus Events calendar.